Qualified Individuals (QI) are tasked with completing the CANS-NY as part of the Families First implementation in New York. QIs use a special course on tcomtraining.com to complete certification.
Instructions for how to certify can be found below.
Note: QIs who have certified using another course on tcomtraining.com are considered certified and do not need to re-certify using the method outlined below.
Steps to Certify/Re-Certify
1. Log in at www.tcomtraining.com
2. Mouse to Training -> Courses
3. Find and click on the course titled: CANS-NY Certification for OCFS QI
4. All steps must be completed, including a practice vignette. If a QI has previously certified in the CANS-NY, only completing the final Certification Vignette step will be required.
5. QIs must achieve a reliability score of .70 to be certified. QIs may re-take the exam as many times as needed.
6. Reach out to email@example.com if you have difficulty passing the exam.